Simple Fractal Drawer
This application uses JSON files to (recursively) draw shapes!
This image has been made by defining a triangle that places itself 3 times at 50% the size in the corners of the original triangle. This creates a loop which will turn into the Sierpinski Triangle.
Features in JSON files: - Canvas options: Set a background color. - Shapes: Contains multiple shape objects. - Each shape has an anchor and the ability to always be drawn - Each shape has a set of primitive, simple polylines and arcs to construct the shape - The basic shapes have color and width options.
- Each shape has a set of references to other shapes in case more iterations are allowed
- The references have location, rotation, color adjust and scale options.
- Basic Concept: Construct self-similar fractals or other shapes with repeating patterns by referencing to other shape objects from within a shape object.
Features in the application: - Set canvas size
- Set scale (after drawing) - Set number of iterations - Save a template file
- Draw (with or without browsing) specified json file
(Try creating the Koch Snowflake!) But eeehm.... this is everything BUT simple Yeah I know, the name might be misleading. If you've never seen JSON before, it might take you some time to get used to the syntax. I called it simple, because it only draws self-similar fractals, there are way more complex fractals like the Mandelbrot Set.